We are looking for a Cloud(or Virtual) Network Engineer to join our Network Engineering team. In this role, you will be partnering with multiple technical teams (Core Networks, IAAS, Operations, etc.) and product owners to build, optimize, and maintain a highly available, large-scale access network. The candidate will be responsible for bridging the gap between the Network engineers dealing with the physical topology and the engineers responsible for IAAS.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building, testing, implementing, and optimizing a highly available global cloud network infrastructure in accordance with business requirements and industry standard methodologies
- Create visual diagrams
- Create A-Z Documentation
- Participate and planning sessions with the Telekom Core (MPLS, L3 routing, WDM) for new IP project roll-out, expansion and special project implementations
- Analyze and resolve virtual network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, including issues related to security, VPN’s, routing, switching, tenant segregation, and related cloud infrastructure.
- Continuously assess and optimize the cloud network architecture as part of the growth road map to meet Tucows’ strategic needs , more traditionally known as capacity planning
- Pro-actively offers proposals to improve the network, for both technical and operational efficiency
- Participate in the post-mortem analysis and propose changes that will prevent similar issues from occurring in the future
- Drive monitoring efforts with NOC to improve tooling and resolution process
- Receive mentorship from peer and senior leadership
- Want to mentor peers and new hires. Guide and teach the craft of Network Engineering
- Work closely with IAAS to design and implement Network solutions
- 10+ years proven track record designing, operating, and implementing highly Available corporate networks and cloud based virtual networks
- 3+ years of OpenStack experience(required)
- A customer-centric focus to advocate for our users, your peers, and the service as a whole
- In-depth understanding of different network architectures and protocols, their strengths, weaknesses and appropriate use.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to translate complicated technical concerns to non-technical individuals
- Organizational, project and program management planning skills
- Comfortable using PM tools such as Jira, Wrike, or other project management suites
- Scripting and programming automations skills such as salt, ansible, python, etc.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Google Meet, Slack, Lucidchart, etc.
- Keen eye for detail and thoroughness
- Language anglisht
- Experience Level me eksperience, Senior