The Cloud Systems Engineer will be a hands-on technical role in conjunction with guiding a team responsible for the day to day operations of private Openstack based Cloud infrastructure, including assisting the migration of production systems into a new architecture, taking advantage of the latest DevOps methodologies and tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment and proposing creative and practical solutions to operational challenges.
- Install, configure, maintain and manage all hardware and software system components of Openstack
- Install, configure, maintain and manage auxiliary Cloud support systems and other micro-cloud
- Collaborate with members of the Cloud team to build and create internal tools and APIs for
- Research, innovate and implement new technologies that improve our velocity.
- Will be part of the on-call rotation schedule for Cloud Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience with working in Debian based Linux environments
- Strong experience in Openstack based cloud computing and Ceph storage systems
- Experience with Saltstack or Ansible python-based automation frameworks. Able to extend these frameworks with new modules
- Strong experience with Python development and shell scripting
- Good knowledge of computing and storage hardware systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code principles and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend new technologies
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish relationships.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a senior DevOps engineer or Linux administrator
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Language anglisht
- Experience Level me eksperience, Senior