Our office in Tirana, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding Tax & Outsourcing Department.
Grant Thornton is one of the leading professional service firms in the world, focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work. As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. With our unique culture and opportunities, our organization is a place where you can grow. Wherever you are in your career, we help you to make a difference every day. We pride ourselves on being a values-driven organization and our people are passionately committed to these values.
Our firm in Albania offers a full range of professional services, including audit, tax and advisory, combining deep business expertise, broad global resources and technology, helping clients to improve their performance. Grant Thornton offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
What is Tax?
Grant Thornton’s tax and outsourcing specialists complement our clients’ accounting teams while maintaining their auditors’ independence with our compliance services and customized tax planning advice. We have capabilities to advise our clients on various tax strategies including state and local tax services, international tax services, industry tax services, as well as consult on other complex tax matters.
Why become a Tax Intern at Grant Thornton?
During your internship at Grant Thornton, you will be exposed to tax procedures including tax consulting and tax return preparation which will involve tax research, tax planning, and the preparation of supporting work papers on various tax returns and projects. We work with clients across numerous industries and on a global basis.
By joining our Tax & Outsourcing department, you will have direct access to partner and seniors and the ability to provide your opinion within the team. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skillsets, be involved in office community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Grant Thornton team.
You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to work with and deliver tax services for a diverse portfolio of clients.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts an ongoing career development.
Your internship will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries;
- Networking with your peers;
- Meeting with your mentor for regular feedback and professional development discussions;
- Sharpening your leadership skills.
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
- Reviewing data input, identifying and resolving technical tax issues, and assisting in the review of tax preparations completed for our clients;
- Responding to inquiries from taxing authorities;
- Identifying, researching, and assessing various tax issues while also providing information to senior staff members;
- Identifying and carrying out other projects as assigned;
- Collaboratively working with client team members while building rapport and strong client relationships;
- Maintain high quality and professional standards;
- Complete assignments on time;
- Take the initiative to expand level of responsibility;
- Operate professionally and with highest integrity.
Skills required and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field of study; accounting major preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and on a team;
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills;
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment;
- Very good command of English language;
- Strong computer and accounting software skills;
- Willingness to learn and highly motivated to succeed.
- Rruga/Zona Sami Frasheri, Kompleksi T.I.D, Shk. B, Floor 1, 10 000 Tirana, Albania
- Tel/Mob +355 4 22 74 832
- Language anglisht