Sr. Data Network Engineer
GDMS-Italy is hiring a Sr. Data Network Engineer, responsible for the design and implementation of data network and collaboration infrastructures to support Telecommunication and Security systems projects for GDMS-Italy’s customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Sr. Data Network Engineer will be:
- Under general direction, the Senior Data Center Engineer studies, designs, constructs, and coordinates Medium-Large Scale LAN/WAN/MPLS equipment, systems and facilities, from different manufacturers.
- Most of the work is carried out on a project basis with tight deadlines and well-defined milestones for the delivery of project objectives. The Senior Data Network Engineer is involved across all aspects of service delivery, from carrying out feasibility exercises and determining requirements to preparing detailed, technical and operational documentation.
- He interacts with co-workers, vendors, the general public and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints, and provide assistance.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Attends meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with other business units with similar telecommunication equipment and system interests.
- Drafts engineering project proposals to define goals, identify the scope, background and need, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services.
Qualifications and Experience
The Sr. Data Network Engineer will:
- design and implement Data Network and Collaboration infrastructures, which encompass Hardware (routers, switches, etc.) and Software defined networking. The ideal candidate is expert in Cisco Campus and WAN design and configuration.
- create and maintain documentation for all system-related processes and procedures that he is in charge-of, including project requirements, changes, and upgrades, implementation and migration plans.
- be adept at network engineering, with working knowledge of data network devices, collaboration devices, wireless and security infrastrcutures.
- be an excellent problem solver who can determine the main source of product issues and provide quick, elegant solutions.
- when building and maintaining the Data Network infrastructure, ensure that all details are correct, from software code to configuration settings, in order to avoid malfunctions, bugs, and security breaches.
- have minimum of five (5) years of relevant design experience
- have ability to analyze and reduce a wide range of product data in the determination of root causes to problems.
- have knowledge of design documentation standards
- demonstrate initiative, applies personal talent to practical solutions
- be self-motivated and work independently as well as in teams
- be fluent in English, comprehension, reading, writing, and interpersonal skill
A postgraduate degree in telecommunications, electronic engineering, computer science, physics, I.T. or another technical subject tends to be the minimum academic requirement.
Relevant and any applicable Cisco-like certification (CCNP or higher) is an highly preferred skill.
Data Network Engineering
Rome (Italy) – Available for medium to long term assignments to project sites worldwide
|% Travel Required||
< 20%, travel may be required both domestically and internationally
None at this time
Full time, Salaried
Monday-Friday 8 hrs/day – Overtime as necessary
Based On Experience (BOE), Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
GDMS_Italy offers a competitive benefits package
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format along with at least two professional references to: GDMS-Italy – email@example.com
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Italy, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has more than 60 years experience in the implementation of large scale industrial, civil and military turnkey projects worldwide.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Italy today is a world-class engineering, integration and installation company, supplying fully-integrated, large and complex solutions including:
- Fixed and Transportable Telecommunications, Information Systems and Networks
- Intrusion detection, Access Control, Anti-sabotage, Video-surveillance and Security systems
- Local and Remote automation systems for all Industries
- Integrated Command & Control Systems, Software design, development and integration
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Italy’s highlights include:
- Comprehensive, field-proven, world-class experience built over 50-years, working with Oil and Gas customers – major operators and EPC contractors worldwide, NATO and non-NATO defence agencies, foreign MoD/MoI.
- Proven capability to leverage innovative and state-of-the-art fully-integrated solutions, technically enhanced, at competitive price and at low risk for the customers.
- Integrated solutions designed and engineered for high reliability and easy maintainability, to meet or exceed client requirements, using first-class COTS field proven and type-approved equipment.
- Flexible and open technological systems approach: partner with multiple vendors, field proven processes – employees – practices and structure to successfully implementing and operating large and complex projects on time and on budget.
- In-house experienced multi-disciplined project team comprised of personnel from engineering and project management departments.
- Global reach – successfully referenced in Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and in the most harsh environments (ice to desert and offshore to onshore).
- First class corporate commitment from our parent company, General Dynamics Mission Systems, and the General Dynamics Corporation.
- Rruga/Zona Viale Egeo 100-106, Rome, Itali
- Tel/Mob 00393391261039
- Language italisht
- Experience Level me eksperience