Teach Away is seeking a Scrum Master to join our growing team! This individual will lead the design and implementation of all Agile methodologies and will be responsible to promote them in our technical team.
We believe deeply in the power of education and making an impact on the future leaders of the world. If you are eager to play a key role in a fast-paced, education startup we are interested in hearing from you.
Job Position: Scrum Master
Job Location: Tirana, Albania
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Software Engineering
Who are we?
Teach Away is the worldwide leader in international teacher recruitment and online teacher professional development. With the widest variety of international teaching jobs, Teach Away’s international offices match educators with the best jobs teaching abroad in over 50 countries
Teach Away is a focused, energetic group of people that are really excited about how technology can improve education. We like to solve challenging educational problems, and have fun doing it!
Who are you?
You are a promoter of Agile and a servant leader with experience mentoring a team of high performant developers. You act with integrity, promoting an environment of trust and transparency.
You are proficient in monitoring the scrum processes and facilitating scrum meetings.
Your work increases team efficiency, motivation and comfort with changes. You ensure the DoD (Definition of done) is being followed. Your metrics provide visibility and opportunities to adjust course of action to meet goals and deadlines.
- Guiding the teams and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the teams on how to get the most out of self-organisation.
- Guiding the teams on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organisation and coaching the teams to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the teams to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the teams using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Some of the tools we use are…
- Google Suite
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. (Adjust based on your necessity)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
It would be great if you also had:
- Scrum Master certification
- General software development experience.
How to apply:
Send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates fulfilling due requirements will be contacted by phone.
- Language anglisht
- Experience Level me eksperience