Teach Away is seeking a Backend Developer to join our growing team! This individual will be responsible for maintaining and developing functions of our software’s infrastructure.
We believe deeply in the power of education and making an impact on the future leaders of the world. If you are eager to play a key role in a fast-paced, education startup we are interested in hearing from you.
Who are we?
Teach Away is the worldwide leader in international teacher recruitment and online teacher professional development. With the widest variety of international teaching jobs, Teach Away’s international offices match educators with the best jobs teaching abroad in over 50 countries
Teach Away is a focused, energetic group of people that are really excited about how technology can improve education. We like to solve challenging educational problems, and have fun doing it!
Who are you?
You are an exceptional coder with a knack for problem solving! You understand the need to meet deadlines, and are able to work as a collaborative member of a team. Being innovative and finding solutions is your jam. It would also be great if you have experience with API design and infrastructure concepts.
- Creating microservices based on Node.js to serve data via APIs
- Maintaining a scalable PHP-based platform until we complete the transition to microservices
- Creating Architectures and Data Models optimized for searching
- Working as an integral member of a team through participating in technical discussions
- Planning and implementation of security and data protection strategies
- Building reusable code and libraries
- App optimization for maximum speed, performance, and scalability
Some of the technologies we use are…
- SQL, NoSQL
- Rest API and GraphQL
- DynamoDB, MySQL
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Software Eng/Dev experience
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- A solid understanding of data, API design and infrastructure concepts
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs and authentication protocols.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
It would be great if you also had:
- Previous experience with AWS
- Async microservice-oriented architecture knowledge
- Experience with serverless solutions like AWS Lambda
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch or similar
- Experience with Data Lakes
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
Job Type: Full-time (Hybrid)
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language anglisht
- Experience Level me eksperience