Skooli is seeking a Backend Developer to join our growing team! This individual will be responsible for maintaining and developing functions of our software’s infrastructure.
We believe deeply in the power of education and making an impact on the future leaders of the world. If you are eager to play a key role in a fast-paced, education startup we are interested in hearing from you.
Who are we?
At Skooli, our core mission is to create a world where every student experiences the power of a great teacher and realizes their full potential because of it. We provide K-12 students with unlimited learning opportunities across all subjects through live one-to-one online tutoring with professional teachers.
We have recently had a collaboration with PowerSchool, the leading provider of cloud-based software for K-12 education. This union gives PowerSchool’s Schoology Learning network access to unlimited 1:1 online tutoring with Skooli.
Who are you?
You are an exceptional coder with a knack for problem solving! You understand the need to meet deadlines, and are able to work as a collaborative member of a team. Being innovative and finding solutions is your jam. It would also be great if you have experience with API design and infrastructure concepts.
- Working as an integral member of a team through participating in technical discussions
- Creating microservices based on node.js to serve data via APIs
- Creating Architectures and Data Models optimized for searching
- App optimization for maximum speed, performance, and scalability
- Planning and implementation of security and data protection strategies
- Support the maintenance of a scalable PHP-based platform until we complete the transition to microservices
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Software Eng/Dev experience
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- A solid understanding of data, API design and infrastructure concepts
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs and authentication protocols.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Experience with AWS IaC products (Amplify or CDK)
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
It would be great if you also had:
- Async microservice-oriented architecture knowledge
- Experience with serverless solutions like AWS Lambda, SST, etc.
- Previous experience with AWS DynamoBD
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch or similar
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Send your resume to email@example.com
- Language anglisht
- Experience Level me eksperience