Kesson Group Albania sh.p.k.
is a software development company based in Tirana that caters exclusively to two Canadian companies; Teach Away Inc. and Skooli Online Tutoring.
Job Position: DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Job Location: Tirana, Albania
Skooli is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our growing team! This individual will be responsible for maintaining and evolving our automated CI/CD infrastructure.
We believe deeply in the power of education and making an impact on the future leaders of the world. If you are eager to play a key role in a fast-paced, education startup we are interested in hearing from you.
Who are we?
Skooli is a focused, energetic group of people that are really excited about how technology can improve education. We like to solve challenging educational problems, and have fun doing it! Our online tutoring solution and interactive online classroom allow teachers and students to connect in a secure digital space with video conferencing, online chat, document sharing, and an interactive whiteboard. We are an early stage team poised for large growth. We believe in accessible education, and want to help every student reach their full potential.
Who are you?
You are the DevOps specialist concentrated at ensuring stable performance and uninterrupted availability of high-load apps across large-scale systems.
SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems by promoting continuous innovation.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as local development environment setup, integration and testing environment setup and monitoring, capacity and release planning
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and promote continuous innovation of systems by pushing for changes that improve performance and reliability.
- Work as an integral member of an Agile team through participating in technical discussions, planning and blameless retrospectives.
- Pair with other SRE/SAs, mentor junior staff
Some of the technologies we use are…
- Cloud Formation
- Aurora DB
- A degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Software Eng/DevOps experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: bash, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Proficient knowledge of Git
- Solid understanding of containers and virtualization.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Previous experience with AWS or similar
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Experience working with Kubernetes and IAC
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Previous experience with caching technologies (memcacheD, redis, Varnish, AWS CloudFront)
- Working knowledge of WebRTC
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply:
Send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates fulfilling due requirements will be contacted by phone.
Kesson Group Albania
Rruga e Dibrës
Ndërtesa 10, Hyrja 22, Ap. 6, 1017
- Language anglisht
- Experience Level Senior